how to control the button size ?

Jun 17, 2008 at 2:30 PM
Edited Jun 17, 2008 at 2:31 PM
hi ,

its my great pleasure to integrate your control - 11714 in to my project ,
its working fine , but when i am trying to reduce the size the rte(rich text editor ),
the buttons on the menu are over lapping on one an another ,
so that the view of the rte goes worse in appearance ,
please suggest me a solution to control  the button size .
please help me with your suitable solutions.

thank you

ashok .c







Developer
Jun 17, 2008 at 4:26 PM
Hi Ashok,

I'm having the same problems with the toolbar buttons. I'm working on a solution that involves wrapping the buttons to a new line when they don't fit. There's a good amount of code that needs to be modified to get it working so I don't know how soon it will be ready. In the mean-time, your only option is to dive into the code and remove those buttons that you don't need.

Thanks,
Rob

ashok_cmohan wrote:
hi ,

its my great pleasure to integrate your control - 11714 in to my project ,
its working fine , but when i am trying to reduce the size the rte(rich text editor ),
the buttons on the menu are over lapping on one an another ,
so that the view of the rte goes worse in appearance ,
please suggest me a solution to control  the button size .
please help me with your suitable solutions.

thank you

ashok .c










Jun 24, 2008 at 4:37 AM
hi  Yorkrj ,

thanks for your suggestion and solutions , i have done the same as what you have told , now i have another issue , in which when i put the rte inside a page in which page has been inherited by a master page , every thing is working fine , but when i click the font or font size drop down , the drop down list does not appears below it , it appears out of  the rte , please suggest your solution on this issue .
thanks for your patience on reading this ,

thanks ,
ashok.c

yorkrj wrote:
Hi Ashok,

I'm having the same problems with the toolbar buttons. I'm working on a solution that involves wrapping the buttons to a new line when they don't fit. There's a good amount of code that needs to be modified to get it working so I don't know how soon it will be ready. In the mean-time, your only option is to dive into the code and remove those buttons that you don't need.

Thanks,
Rob

ashok_cmohan wrote:
hi ,

its my great pleasure to integrate your control - 11714 in to my project ,
its working fine , but when i am trying to reduce the size the rte(rich text editor ),
the buttons on the menu are over lapping on one an another ,
so that the view of the rte goes worse in appearance ,
please suggest me a solution to control  the button size .
please help me with your suitable solutions.

thank you

ashok .c













Developer
Jun 25, 2008 at 4:49 PM
I have seen that other people are having that issue too. I'm not sure what can be done about it. When I put the control in a simple master page, I don't have any problems with the dropdown lists. If you try testing with a simple master page then add parts of your master page that's causing the trouble piece by piece, you might be able to track down what is specifically causing the dropdown lists to appear outside the RTE. If you do find out, let us know and we'll see what we can do.

Thanks,
Rob

ashok_cmohan wrote:
hi  Yorkrj ,

thanks for your suggestion and solutions , i have done the same as what you have told , now i have another issue , in which when i put the rte inside a page in which page has been inherited by a master page , every thing is working fine , but when i click the font or font size drop down , the drop down list does not appears below it , it appears out of  the rte , please suggest your solution on this issue .
thanks for your patience on reading this ,

thanks ,
ashok.c

yorkrj wrote:
Hi Ashok,

I'm having the same problems with the toolbar buttons. I'm working on a solution that involves wrapping the buttons to a new line when they don't fit. There's a good amount of code that needs to be modified to get it working so I don't know how soon it will be ready. In the mean-time, your only option is to dive into the code and remove those buttons that you don't need.

Thanks,
Rob

ashok_cmohan wrote:
hi ,

its my great pleasure to integrate your control - 11714 in to my project ,
its working fine , but when i am trying to reduce the size the rte(rich text editor ),
the buttons on the menu are over lapping on one an another ,
so that the view of the rte goes worse in appearance ,
please suggest me a solution to control  the button size .
please help me with your suitable solutions.

thank you

ashok .c
















Jul 31, 2008 at 12:48 PM
Hi yorkrj ,

I am highly Impressed With Your Work ,
Right now using the latest RTE Which you have done .
But I would like to change the back ground color of the drop down list when i click ,
I Know you can do it .

Please suggest me a solution .

Thank You ,


ashok.c


Developer
Aug 14, 2008 at 4:21 PM
Edited Aug 14, 2008 at 4:22 PM
You would have to change the code of the RTE project to change the background color of the dropdown list. We will have to add the feature so you can configure it.